Your Councillors


Councillor Martin Cooke 

email –  

Vice Chair

Councillor Anthea Byrne 

email –

Councillor Ali Higgens 

email –  

Councillor Kerrel Wills 

email –

Councillor Della Kagure Brown 

email –

Councillor Hollie Stone

email –  

Your other Local Elected Representatives

Charnwood Borough Council

Councillor James Poland 

email – 

Leicestershire County Council

Councillor James Poland 

email – 

Member of Parliament

Edward Argar MP

Edward Argar is the Conservative MP for Charnwood, and has been an MP continuously since 7 May 2015. He currently holds the Government post of Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care).



What is the role of Parish Councillors?

Councillors have three main components to their work:

Decision Making – Through meetings and attending committees, Councillors decide which activities to support, where money should be spent, what services should be delivered and what policies should be implemented.

Monitoring – Councillors make sure that their decisions lead to efficient and effective services by keeping an eye on how well things are working.

Getting involved locally – as local representatives, councillors have responsibilities towards their constituents and local organisations. These responsibilities and duties often depend on what the councillor wants to achieve and how much time is available, and may include:

Going to meetings of local organisations

Going to meetings of organisations affecting the wider community

Taking up issues on behalf of members of the public

Acting as a signpost for Council Services

Why become a Councillor?

Being a Parish Councillor is an enjoyable way of contributing to your community, and helping to make it a better place to live and work.

Will I get paid for being a Councillor?

Councillors do not receive a salary. However, Reasrby Parish Council would cover expenses incurred while on council business.

Am I qualified?

Yes – most people are. However there are a few rules:

You have to be: 

A British subject, or a citizen of the Commonwealth or the European Union and be 18 years of age or over

A local government elector for the council area for which you want to stand; or

Have during the whole of the 12 months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the council area; or •Have during that same period had your principal or only place of work in the council area; or •During that 12 month period resided in the council area

You cannot become a Parish Councillor if you:

Are subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order

Have, within five years, been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and have had a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine

You work for the council you want to become a councillor for (but you can work for other local authorities, including the principal authorities that represent the same area).

Our councillors are all elected or co-opted onto the Council, if you would like to become a councillor or find out more about what they do then please contact the Clerk.